December 7, 2006

Here are some things that have been going on here lately.

-I have a job! After being unemployed for over a month, I'm going back to work on the 18th at Amex, which was what I wanted to do all along. Jon's there now (he started about a week and a half ago), so we'll have 5.5 weeks of vacation time to use up. Holy cow! We're not going to know what to do w/ourselves. Plus, I get my tenure bridged, so I'll actually have an extra week on top of all that.

-I'm really liking our new house. It's older, so it has some quirks, but overall, it's really nice. It's smaller than the last 2 houses we've lived in, but all our stuff fit, and it's really quite cozy. I'm loving the hardwood floors.

-We're planning a trip to Boston for the spring. I didn't think I wanted to go there, but we started doing some research, and I'm really excited about it. We actually sat down and made 2 lists the other night -- one for places in N. America that we want to go, and one for everywhere else we want to go. We have about 20 places on each list (!)... some are repeats, but nevertheless, we gotta get to work on that!

-I think I already have more unpacked in this house than I did the whole time we lived in FL.

-I have all but 4 of my Christmas cards in the mail! I think that's a new record for me. I'm just waiting on addresses for the other ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!
Love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I love love love boston, excellent choice. Of all the places I've travelled, it's my favorite. Let me know if you need a tour guide, or a best pub guide.