August 7, 2007

Halloween already?

Well, almost.

It's not quite time for Halloween the holiday, but it *is* almost time for Halloween the movie. The latest installment in this well-known series was written and directed by none other than the uber-creepy Rob Zombie. That should give you some idea of what to expect.

I enjoy scary movies...but I tend to like movies that are more psychologically frightening than just gratuitous blood and gore. Movies like Silence of the Lambs, The Ring, Seven -- those are right up my alley.

The Halloween movies typically fall more into the "blood and gore category" of things, but I think that might change with Rob Zombie taking over. From what I know of him (and what I've heard of his music), he's an incredibly smart guy, and I think that'll be reflected in his take on Halloween the movie. I would expect it to not be quite so violent (but hey -- it's a horror movie, so I'm sure it will still be there to some degree), and maybe more psychologically disturbing.

Here's the trailer...click if you dare...if nothing else, the movie will get you in the right frame of mind for the holiday just around the corner.


No comments: