When I did summer session abroad back in London, some friends and I went to Paris on one of our long weekends. We booked our Paris Hotel through a travel agency near the university where our classes were held. Hotels in Paris (and Hotels in France in general) are not lacking in number, but you want to make sure you get in a good area of town. We were actually right on the edge of the Red Light District... quite an experience :)
While our weekend there was fun, some of the main attractions were closed due to a government worker's strike...apparently not an uncommon thing in France. We missed the Louvre and all its amazing art and antiquities. That was a disappointment, but not to be undone, I caused quite a spectacle of my own when I took a swim in one of the fountains outside the Louvre.
I was reading recently about Lido, which is a Parisian cabaret that's been around since the 1940s. Seems like quite the spectacle...something to check out whenever Jon and I make the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment