
I have never been much good at coming up with creative Halloween costumes. In spite of how much I love the holiday, coming up with good costume ideas is just not my forte. My kids will be doomed to years of boring, store-bought costumes. I just have some sort of mental block, I guess.
I always wanted to be a groovy hippie when I was little. That never came to fruition. I almost always wound up being some crazy-looking clown. One year in college, my friends and I dressed up as the four seasons (not the band...we were supposed to be representative of the actual four seasons. Great idea, but people just thought we were bridesmaids. Certainly, my costumes were never good enough to win (or even enter, really) a Halloween costume contest.
Here's a little haiku I wrote about the ever-popular hippie:
Oh groovy hippie
Trick or treating is more fun
With magic sugar
Heehee. Just kidding. Don't eat the magic sugar cubes.
Anyway, if you're looking for some Halloween inspiration, check out Star Costumes. They have a lot of rocking' costumes, and they won't break the bank. In fact, a lot of their stuff is on sale right now, so check them out if you need something for the Halloween party.
No comments:
Post a Comment