September 17, 2007

Home Improvement

Jon and I have occasionally entertained ideas about what kind of improvements we'd do to the house were are currently living in if we were to buy it at some point. We like the house itself, but there are some little things we'd change...for instance, new appliances in the kitchen would not be an option.

Some of the stuff we've talked about would be pretty easy to do ourselves, but neither of us have a lot of experience in serious home improvements. Hiring someone is an easy solution, but how would we know were getting someone reputable who would do quality work?

If we lived in the UK, I'd look into Anglian Home Improvements. They've been in business for over 40 years and offer a 10 year guarantee on their work. That's pretty impressive. I was perusing their site, and apparently in the UK, conservatories are really popular. We don't really have anything like that here (except maybe a greenhouse, but it's not really the same at all).

No comments: