October 31, 2007

Humming along...

This week, Wednesday *is* actually HumpDay for me, since I'm working a human schedule.

I'm glad we didn't buy any candy (we're kind of Hallowe'en scrooges)... we haven't had a single trick-or-treater! I thought we'd probably have a few rings of the ol' doorbell, but it's going on 8:30, and nothing! I wouldn't expect anything at this point. We didn't even seen any little spooks walking around as we were driving to/from dinner. Maybe kids don't go out as much as they used to... more parties and church funtions and whatnot.

We're watching the Canes game, which during the first people was terribly uneventful. Here's hoping the 2nd period isn't so sluggish.

2 comments:

Sara and Randy said...

The Canes got ROBBED!!!!! Those 2 "diving" penalties were insane BS!!! Even *I* could see that. Did you hear right after the second one, someone on the bench hollered "He f***ing got tackled!" and the mic picked it up- I love it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get any trick-or-treaters this year either. It seems that every year the number decreases even more. Even when I was a kid my parents weren't too fond of trick-or-treating (too many "wierd-o's" out there)... I guess the sentiment has expanded.