April 18, 2008

Baby update!

By some miracle, I actually PASSED my glucose test, as was confirmed yesterday at my appointment. Don't ask me how. Given my PCOS and pre-existing insulin resistance issues, I thought surely I would have to take the 3-hour follow up test, at the very least. But everything was fine! Amazing.

We were told everything else is in good order as well. The midwife tried to tell which way round the baby is in there, and she *thought* she was head down, with her butt kind of on my right-hand side, but she wasn't 100%. I have no concept of what's kicking or punching me.

I dreamed the other night that I couldn't remember what we'd decided to name her... so strange.

We're all signed up for our Birth and Baby classes up at Women's Hospital as well. Five weeks of classes starting on May 8. Jon is also going to be taking a Daddy Boot Camp class one Saturday next month.

I can't believe we only have ~11 weeks left! Let the panic set in... :)

6 comments:

tarheel4life said...

so where are the preggers pictures????

Anonymous said...

Daddy boot camp? Does he need a helmet for that? Probably, he could use it for parenting in general.

Sara and Randy said...

If nothing else, the helmet could hold poop, right?
Yeah, I want preggers pics, too, dammit!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the useful informations.
japanese photographer

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

Hooray! Good news! Now you can have all the ice cream you want!

11 weeks? Wow!

-jbr

Anonymous said...

Aren't the diapers supposed to hold the poop? Haha Jon has a poop helmet.