July 9, 2008

Baby update

I just realized that my 600th post on this blog was about pillowcases. What a non-milestone.

Anyway, on to the big news! We had our last pre-natal appointment this morning, which first consisted of a fetal non-stress test. Everything looked great there, so that was good to hear. After that, we saw our midwife, who, because I'm at 41 weeks now (!), gave a call to the hospital and set us up to be induced. So hopefully, if everything goes according to plan, we should have a baby by the end of the weekend at the latest. Although there's no way they can guarantee when she arrives, we go in tomorrow night to get the ball rolling...heaven forbid that it takes any longer than through the weekend, but lord knows at this point.

So, keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and that Baby Girl cooperates!

6 comments:

Sara and Randy said...

OMG! YAY! Finally. I'm so glad they're not making you wait any longer! You know we'll be there this weekend to meet her if we can!

tarheel4life said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Believe it or not, I have a very very small case of baby fever...don't worry, it will pass...

Be sure to get someone to post to let us know!!!!

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

Hooray!!!

We're so happy for all three of you! :)

FlipFlop Mom said...

Nice to meet you!!! and 600 posts WOW... awesome for you!!!
And a baby!!! Oh heavenly!!! I'll make sure to come back and peek and see how beautiful she is!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell that baby to hurry it along already. I leave for two weeks on Monday and I don't want to miss this!

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Glad to hear it will be soon. Can't wait to see pictures of lil' Eleanor!! Be sure to have somebody post or email or something. GOOD LUCK!