So today is Jon's first day back at work, which means it's my first day home alone w/Eleanor. So far, so good, although it's only been about 2 hours so far :)
Needless to say, he was less than thrilled to leave, and I was pretty sad to see him go myself. He's been so great the past 3 weeks, not to mention in the last few frustrating weeks of my pregnancy when he helped me stay sane. He's picked up so much slack around the house. When we got home from the hospital, he encouraged me to take it easy and not to overdo (although I was guilty of not always listening to him). He cooked practically all the meals, cleaned, and did laundry...to say nothing of how amazing he is with Ella. I adore watching him with her -- he's such a good dad. Most times, he can actually get her to stop crying quicker than I can, and there's no doubt that he's just crazy about her.
Ella and I are both lucky girls :)
1 comment:
That's wonderful! I don't know how single moms do it, that kind of help is absolutely necessary.
Post a Comment