October 4, 2008

Fall is in the air!

And just in time for the start of hockey season, too! I actually had to turn the heat on yesterday morning and this morning to knock the chill out of the air when I got up. It's still a little warmer than it should be during the day, but it's been dipping down into the 40s at night.

I still have no confirmation on what the situation with my job is. We thought we had it worked out, but then it turned out that Jon wasn't going to be changing his schedule at all, so I would need to work mornings instead of evenings. Well, they don't need anyone in the mornings (never mind the fact that I worked mornings before I went out on leave). So my boss is checking with her boss to see if there's the possibility of me just going back to my old position (I'm on loan now to a different department), but it's been over a week since I spoke to her, and no word yet. I'm not holding out a lot of hope at this point, really. So things might get interesting here in a little while.

Ella's been doing great lately. She can hold onto a rattle now for a little while, and the other night, she would sit it down and then pick it back up with the other hand. That seems smart, but it might have just been sheer luck, who knows? :) The big news is that she's been sleeping through the night -- we're talking like 8-9 hours -- for the past couple of weeks! She has her last bottle of the night, and typically starts getting fussy around 12:00-12:30 am. We change her, put her down, and she's usually asleep within 15-20 minutes max. It's fantastic.

Some of the Canadians are coming down next week to meet her (well, and to see us too, but mainly to meet her, haha), and we're looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Sara and Randy said...

Ooh, sleeping thru the night! Life gets so much better when they start that!