That's how cold it got in our house while the power was off.
We got 3 days of rain, and then came the sleet. The snow started yesterday evening. Our power went off around 5:00 pm yesterday, and didn't come back on until sometime this afternoon.
It got cold fast. We had 3 layers on the little girl, and she slept in the bed with us last night.
When we woke up this morning, it was 49. We did have hot water, though, and I took what was probably the best shower of my life.
We got over to mom and dad's house, since they didn't lose power, and spent the day there. When we got back home tonight, the power was on. Every light in the house was ablaze, and it was nice and toasty.
When I said I wanted snow, it was with the idea in mind that we wouldn't lose power. Sheesh.
Snow pictures coming later!
1 comment:
That's crazy that you guys lost power over that little snow. That's what sucks about your neighborhood- all the power lines are exposed (not buried). I used to worry so much about my parents house- the power line ran right under tree limbs from the pole to their house.
Glad you're warm again. No power + baby = scary situation
Post a Comment