August 3, 2009

A challenge of monumental proportions...for us, anyway.

Jon and I go out to eat way too much. Granted, it's slowed down a good deal since Ella was born, but it's still more than we should. It's not good for us, and it's not good for our wallet.

So for the month of August (with the exception of the week we're on vacation, or if Mom and Dad treat us), we're going to eat all our meals at home. If we can pull it off, it'll be quite a feat for us. I'm actually excited to see how much money we can wind up saving. I'm not as excited as coming up with things to cook, but that's easy enough to deal with.

If I hit upon any stellar recipes, maybe I'll get inspired and post 'em here.

3 comments:

Sara and Randy said...

Yeah, good luck with that! If we manage to eat at home Sunday night- Thursday night, we're doing good. But on the weekends, it's ON.

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

So, how's it going? Hopefully you've made some amazing meals!
:)

Kelly said...

Janet -- so far, so good! We did have pizza over at Mom and Dad's the other night, but they paid, so it doesn't count :D

Nothing really outstanding so far, but Jon did grill up a couple of filets last night that were *excellent*.