August 16, 2009

What's going on.

It's been weird lately...a lot has been happening, but time's been at a stand-still, at least to me.

We finally managed to get Ella's one-year photos done! We went to a different place, and the lady was really good. She didn't get a ton of shots, but I was happy with how they came out. They really captured her as she is right now. Here's a little sample:



She's also learning new tricks just about every day! She can find her nose, mouth, and ears (well, one ear, anyway), as well as mine or Jon's. She can also sign "more" and "all done"...we tend to get the former more than the latter :) She can stand by herself for a little bit as well...getting braver.

We've been working on using a spoon as well. For awhile, if I loaded the spoon up for her, I could give it to her, and she'd take it, shovel it in, and pull the spoon back out. She's not into that so much these days. If I try to give her the spoon, her tact is to either lean over, mouth agape, and try to eat directly off it with me still holding it, or she'll just scream. So what I've taken to doing lately is giving her her own spoon while I feed her with a separate one. She'll hold onto it, pass it back and forth between her hands, and even stick it in her mouth -- but won't eat off it yet. I can see her thinking about it, though.

I've started the list-making for our upcoming beach trip...probably should have started about a month ago, really. Better late than never, though, right?

No comments: