Things started off good this morning. Jon took the morning shift and let me sleep in, 'til almost 11am! Woo! He'd come back to bed when Ella laid down for her morning nap, and both of them were still snoozing when I got up. I took the monitor and went into the living room to check email and wait for the baby to get up.
Soon enough, I heard Ella stirring around in her crib. She'd actually turned back on her Sleepy Sheep, which she's done a few times lately...this amuses me for some reason. Anyway, she wasn't making much noise herself, so I though maybe she'd laid back down, but I figured I'd go peer in on her anyway.
As I opened the door, I could see that she was awake, standing by the side of her crib, smiling sweetly. Her diaper, however, was outside the crib, crumpled on the floor.
And my dear, sweet, darling, angelic daughter, was covered in poop.
It was so not good.
You guess correctly if you guess that her crib, mattress, and the walls were also covered (although not as much as Madam herself). Even poor Sleepy Sheep wasn't spared.
It really was one of the less favorable situations I've walked into in my life.
Needless to say, I got Jon in there in short order to help with the clean-up detail. I took the girl, and he took the room.
The new rule is: no naptime without pants.
4 comments:
Yuck! Not a fun thing to find. Look on the bright side! You got to sleep in right? ;)
I have just got around to reading this and BWWWWWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I think I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time!!!
Hey Kel...
At some point, Diana and I splurged and bought a video baby monitor. They're a little spendy, but we're SO glad we bought it.
I don't know if this would prevent another diaper mishap, but I'd definitely recommend looking into one.
Adman
Does every kid do this? I hated it when my kids did...blech!
Post a Comment