September 20, 2007

Beach cruisin' on a beach cruiser

Jon and I had planned to rent beach cruiser bikes last month when we were down at the beach, but we never quite got around to it. But how fun would that have been? Of course, we were kind of far from the main drag area, so it might have been totally pointless, but I think it'd have still been fun.

I love the idea of a beach cruiser, mainly because it requires very little skill to ride one. If you know me at all, you know coordination is not my strong suit. I'm not good at doing things like shifting gears and using hand brakes. I need one speed -- slowish -- and coaster brakes are my favorite kind. I can move my feet backwards better than I can remember to squeeze something on the handle bars.

A beach bike is made for leisure riding -- and that's my kind of riding.

You can purchase a beach cruiser online and have it shipped right to your home -- these guys have clients in all 50 states. And you can get one for under $100!

Just be careful when you're out cruising the strip -- don't let Debo steal your ride. He won't want to give it back. "MY bike!"

No comments: