September 20, 2007

Thursday 13


Thirteen of Kelly's favorite Carolina Hurricanes players


1. Rod "The M-F'in Bod" Brind'Amour

That's not his official nickname, but we refer to him as that around the house. He's the team's captain, a deserved position. He's a force.

2. Justin "Trusty Justy" Williams

I actually coined that nickname myself! And we have a stick autographed by him. Plus, he's a great player.

3. Cam Ward

Awesome goalie. He's apparently been working out a lot and has dropped some weight over the summer.

4. Tim Gleason

I think he's really underrated. As a defender, he hasn't quite come into his own yet, but I think we'll be seeing really good things from him in the next couple-three seasons.

5. Mike Commodore

The only way I could like him more is if he was #64. He's a big, capable defender, and he doesn't mind throwing a punch and mixing things up a little. And he loves his bathrobe.

6. Chad LaRose.

He tries so hard, always gives it his all. I like to see that.

7. Erik Cole

I have high hopes for him this season. I know last year he was coming off his broken neck (!), and I think he played a little more tenatively than he would have otherwise.

8. Andrew Ladd

I like him for the same reasons I like Chad LaRose. He gets out there, plays as gutsy as he can, and tries his heart out. Good kid.

9. John Grahame

At the beginning of last season, he was abysmal. To see him in goal was to chalk up a loss. But he really improved throughout the season, and I don't mind him at all now. I like to call him "Crackers". (Get it, Grahame crackers?)

10. Matt Cullen

We had him the season the Canes won the Cup, and then he was gone last year. We got him back this year, and I'm so glad. He's a great fit w/the team, and I hope he can help whip our power play into shape.

11. Ray Whitney

They call him "The Wizard". He's a key first-line player, and he pulls off some stuff sometimes that's just amazing.

12. Bret Hedican

If he can stay healthy this year, he'll be a good guy to have back out there. He was out a lot of last season w/injuries.

13. Glen Wesley

Just 'cause he's the oldest player on the team, and he's back out there for one more season. He could be set up w/a nice front office job, but he loves the game that much.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Bloggers
2. Me and Mine
3. Everybody Lies
4. One Old Green Bus
5. What Works For Us


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

samulli said...

Hey, I'm the first to comment here! Yay!
I really would have liked to say something intelligent about your list right now. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue who or what the Carolina Hurricanes actually are. I wouldn't even know if it's a football or baseball or other-kind-of-sport-altogether team. Icehockey?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. :o)

Bloggers said...

Great post. The only player I have ever known in Hockey has been Wayne Gretzky of course, even though we used to go Hockey games all of the time in Louisville.

my 13 is up on
http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Me either. I don't have any idea about anything here because well, I'm half across the world..But it seems like a great list! Thanks for sharing:)

Mine is up if you have a chance!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun. You sound like a die-hard fan! Fun list!!

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Okay, so I'm a Leafs and Habs fan... divided amongst myself... but I admit, the Hurricanes have a strong squad... not as strong as the buds, but purdy good! :)

Anonymous said...

What sport do they play?

Kelly said...

They're a hockey team...Stanley Cup winners from 2006 :)

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.