Now, I wish we kind of had. I just found out about an event called Uptown Saturday Night. It takes place the last Saturday of every month (for instance, today, October 27 and November 24th). It goes from 5-9pm, and galleries, antique stores shops between the Ripley's Museum and the Mission of Nombre de Dios remain open...a great time for some St. Augustine shopping in a party-like atmosphere. And you get to browse around on the oldest street in America -- pretty cool in and of itself.
There's usually live music, book signing events, and refreshments. It's a free event (except for what you buy, of course), which is always a bonus, and free parking is also available at the Mission of Nombre de Dios.
This goes on year-round too, not just this month and next month! Admittedly, it's probably something that I would have enjoyed more than Jon would, but I'm sure he'd have humored me anyway. Definitely check it out if you're in the area at the end of the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment