I think we might have some kind of vermin in the walls (or possibly the ducts) of our house. I think this for a couple of reasons:
1) Lately, the dogs are entranced with the air vents. They stare at them, and sometimes whine at them. While they are complete nutters, this is pretty unusual behavior, even for them.
2) I thought I heard something scrabbling by the back door the other day. Now, granted, it could have been something out on the deck (very possible, in fact), but the dogs heard it too. They stood guard for a long while, sniffing and snorting and pawing at the baseboards.
So we're going to get some traps or something to put under the house and in the utility room while we're gone to Canada. I hate the idea of using traps, but we don't really have a choice, especially if we're not here to empty a humane trap. Not very humane if the mouse gets in there and just suffocates to death b/c no one's home to take him out.
We're surrounded on 2 sides by woods, and this is an older house, so I'm not really surprised about the whole thing. I just hope they don't get into the duct work and die and start stinking up the joint.
1 comment:
greetings,
did you catch the vermin?
Post a Comment