January 11, 2008

Good news

So we went yesterday for the results of our 1st trimester screen. After waiting for an inordinate amount of time (for a large practice, they're usually really prompt), we saw the midwife and she let us know that everything was good... no chromosomal defects. *whew* Then they took more blood to check for neural tube (brain/spinal cord) defects. I don't know how they can tell if the baby has defects by checking my blood, but I'm guessing they know what they're doing more than I do :)

In other news, we were out for lunch today and just decided to go start our registry after we ate. Kind of random, but it was fun :) I'm sure we'll be adding/modifying after we find out the sex (FEBRUARY 7!!), but we've got a good start, I think.

Not much else going on re: the baby. I'm still yacking just about every morning, and I'd be just tickled to death if that stopped any time now.

We leave on vacation a week from tomorrow... CAN.NOT. WAIT.

EDIT: We do not, in fact, leave on vacation a week from tomorrow. It's a month from tomorrow. I guess that was a little wishful thinking on my part. *sigh*

3 comments:

tarheel4life said...

sorry about the yacking...yuck.

I bet cold hard cash you are having a girl...I have a hunch (but then again, who the hell am I???)

Sara and Randy said...

Are you tired of being a pin cushion yet??? I've been poked more times than I care to recall. And that finger prick madness EVERY TIME I GO IN has GOT to stop!

Anonymous said...

Vacation?! What's that? LOL Where ya going? Wherever it is, take pictures so I can pretend too. :)

I didn't have so many needle sticks as you as Sara, dang!! But then again we declined the genetic testing so that probably reduced the number of blood draws. ::woozy::