February 28, 2008

So, more on that vacation.

We went down to Walt Disney World for a few days, then on a cruise (the replacement trip for the Alaskan cruise we were supposed to take w/Mom and Dad this June... clearly that one wasn't going to happen!).

At WDW, we had originally booked our favorite resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, but at the last minute, I had a change of heart and switched to the Polynesian...I've always wanted to stay there and it's on the monorail line. Jon didn't care where we stayed :) Anyway, we booked the most basic, bottom of the ladder room there... standard garden view, nothing fancy. When we checked in, we found out we'd been upgraded to a Magic Kingdom view concierge level room... HOLY COW! We both were stunned! I mean, since I worked there, I know upgrades are VERY few and far between, but to have an upgrade of those proportions -- unheard of!

Here's the view we had from our room:





We had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Jiko, 2x while we were there...that was a treat.

After that, we drove down to Ft Lauderdale and met Mom and Dad for the cruise on Saturday, which was also fantastic.

We went to the Western Caribbean (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Princess Cays), and we only even got off the boat 1x. A lot of the excursions that we would normally want to do, I couldn't do since I'm knocked up...we had 2 excursions booked, one w/the Jamaican dogsled dogs, which we had to cancel beforehand since we found out I couldn't do it (I have no idea why... I wasn't actually going to be RIDING the freaking dogsled). The other was a submarine ride, and when we got to our cabin, we found our that one had been cancelled by the tour operator! Oh well :) We ate a lot, gambled a lot, napped a lot, played a LOT of Scrabble (yeah, we're dorks)... just had a wonderful time.

Here's a couple of cruise pics:

Buskers in Ocho Rios


Sunset


And one more from WDW, just because...

The geosphere in Epcot

5 comments:

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

I thought I'd be over it now, but no. I'm so insanely jealous. :)

Can't wait to hear more about it soon - and maybe see more pictures?

Congrats on the new gig, by the way! I"m so glad they were able to do the interview before you left.

-jbr

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that looks like such a great time! Awesome about the upgrade. That's cool that you got to cruise with your parents!

Anonymous said...

U really have enjoyed the vacation I guess. U have collected some good memories and that reflects on the photos.

Anonymous said...

You must be so lucky to have a look frm the room like this. I didn't yet go over there... May be I'll go this year. If I can't then I must go in the next year..

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you got to cruise with your parents! May be I'll go this year. If I can't then I must go in the next year..