June 10, 2008

Baby showers!

I would have posted about this earlier, but a nasty head cold has beat me down. Summertime colds suck... summertime colds when you're 36 weeks pregnant suck even more.

Anyway, I had 2 baby showers last week! The first one was last Tuesday, given by the folks on my team at work. I knew they were going to throw one for me, but they really went above and beyond...it was really nice. We got lots of good loot and some Amex gift cheques as well. Can't gripe about that!

The second one was on Saturday...a big ol' shindig thrown by my aunts. We decided it would be easier to do one all-encompassing shower for both friends and family, so we had everyone over to my parents' house for a very casual BBQ. Jon and I were both SHOCKED at the amount of stuff people got us. Amazing. We have some seriously generous people in our lives...we're very lucky :) Here are a few photos from the event:





And here is the cake made by the incredibly talented Sara...it matches the bedding we picked out, and she did it all freehand!



From what I can tell, the baby is still head up, so no change there as of yet, anyway.

5 comments:

Sara and Randy said...

Your shower was great! I hope I didn't give you my head cold. It sucks, indeed. Feel better! (ask if you can take Mucinex D- that stuff works!)

Anonymous said...

is that a cake? looks so nice.

tarheel4life said...

You look great!!! The cake is beautiful - Great job, Sary!

Anonymous said...

I hung my party favor picture on my mirror. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures and the cake looks delicious.I wish all the very best for your life.