June 13, 2008

The countdown is on!

We had an appointment yeseterday w/my regualar doc at my OB practice, and after discussing our options, we are going to go ahead and schedule a C-section for either June 26 or 27. If I go into labor before then, obviously, she'll be here when she gets here, but otherwise, Jon and I will have our baby girl by June 27!

In case you don't have a calendar handy, that's 2 weeks from today. Holy cow!

The doctor felt like that was a very reasonable option... she said at the point I am at now (37 weeks), 97% of babies are positioned where they are going to be for the rest of the pregnancy. In other words, there is only a 3% chance that she would flip at this point.

I was initially just going to schedule for my actual due date (July 3), but that didn't work, as our doc will be out of town from June 28-July 7. And I'm not trying to wait till after July 7 to have this baby :)

2 comments:

tarheel4life said...

WOW!!! How incredibly exciting!!!!!

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

Hooray! How exciting. Those two weeks are gonna fly by. And good call not waiting until the doc gets back from vacation.

:)