This is Jon, updating from the hospital. So far we have been here for 25 hours. Kelly has not eaten in 12 hours. Needless to say, it is getting old fast here. Kelly has been excellent though. She is uncomfortable, starving, has had to stay in this room the entire time (I left for an hour to get dinner and check on the dogs), is in progressive amounts of pain, but has managed to be a total angel. Honestly, she is holding together like a real champ. If it were me, she'd be writing about how they had to sedate me.
She is going to get some pain meds to try to help her sleep, and the contractions have slowed down some for the night for some reason. The nurses have said that she is on the normal track for a first-time induction, which is good to hear, but doesn't take away the grind of it all. I will try to keep this thing updated as much as I can. But so far, on schedule, Kelly's getting pain meds through her IV now, so in 5 minutes she will hopefully at least get a nap. More later.....
3 comments:
Go, Kelly, go! We're on the edge of our seats, here!
I love, love, love that you are live blogging this. :)
And I can be really stealthy and bring her in some chicken broth or something... :)
Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment