January 11, 2009

Quarantined.

Jon wound up taking Ella to the doctor on Friday afternoon (I had to work, so I couldn't go). As suspected, she's dealing with her first cold. She doesn't have any secondary infections, so that's a good thing. She got sent home with a prescription for some cough medicine, which I suspect tastes good, as she has no problems taking it, and the doctor told us we could give her infant Tylenol as well if she was particularly fussy.

She's been a little trooper. Jon said she was great for the doc (although she didn't like him digging around in her ears too much), and even though you can tell she doesn't feel good, she's still smiling and generally agreeable. She does get a bit sad and whiny at night before bed, and that's kind of tough. I just keep telling myself, "It's building her immune system!" But she's eating well, which is good, and she has been sleeping well at night too. Hopefully, she'll be over this in no time.

I'm dealing with pretty much the same strain of ick that she's got, and I can sympathize with the kid.

Sadly, we're going to miss Gracie's first birthday party tomorrow. I feel bad... I really wanted to go. But I don't want to infect anyone, especially the other babies, with this mess. So we bowed out. I told Sara to post lots of pics on her blog :)

2 comments:

tarheel4life said...

So sorry to hear about Ella! I am happy that they gave her some cough medicine, though - all of the hippie doctors around here won't give kids anything for a cold! Hope you and Ella feel better soon!

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

Feel better, girls. Sending you virtual tissues....