March 16, 2009

Tax time

Silly me, owning a business and trying to do my own taxes. I presumed they were due at the same time as my personal taxes...April 15. Oh, no. I got a happy little email this past week telling me that they're due, oh, around tomorrow.

!!

And of course, TurboTax (my hero) doesn't make a version of the software I needed for the Mac. I actually ordered the software awhile ago, but had yet to head over to Mom and Dad's to use their PC.

Needless to say, my afternoon today was spent over there hacking away, trying to make sure all my Ts were crossed and my Is were dotted. But it got done, and is going in the mail tomorrow. Now I just have to get our personal taxes done...blech.

I think next year we're going to get an accountant. I can't mess with this stuff anymore. I have enough to worry about.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I know the feeling. My "business taxes" were due January 15th! They don't give us folks in Washington state much time to get all of our T's crossed and I's dotted! But on the plus side, I don't have to worry about the state taxes again until next January 15th! No quarterlies to worry about!