October 5, 2008

Worst mom? Right over here.

I was putting Ella in her swing just now. The swing has a tray that snaps onto the front and keeps her from falling out. Right as I went to snap it, she stuck her little finger right under the clasp, and I squished it.

:(

She looked so alarmed at first, and then her face got red, and she cried big, fat tears.

I feel rotten.

11 comments:

Sara and Randy said...

Oh NO! It makes you want to jump off a bridge when you do something like that to them, doesn't it? Just tonight, Randy went to slide Gracie up under the table in her highchair at a restaurant, and her little fingers were holding on to the bar in front, and the table was too low- squish went the fingers, and BOY did she howl. I was so mad at him, even though I knew it was an accident.
Poor Ella and you, too!

tarheel4life said...

Don't feel bad, mommy! When Arwen was a baby I was buckling her into her carseat and snapped her fat little thigh right into the seatbelt buckle! Poor Ella :( I am sure you felt worse than she did!

Cynthia said...

Oh hon, it probably hurt you more than her! We Moms take that kind of accidental stuff pretty hard.

Heather said...

Oh no! I know that made you feel crappy, but I'm sure she'll forgive you. Poor things (both of you)!

Our Creative Day said...

Oh no... you poor Mama!!! Believe it or not, we have all done some kind of moment like this as some point. Good thing is, she won't hold it against you!!!

Maizie @ 2Peas

Anonymous said...

Tis sad, but it sounds like the child needs to man up. Crying gets ya nowhere in life. Unless someone else caters to it.

Kelly said...

Um, she's 3 months old. I'm not quite at the point where I'm going to tell her to "man up," but thanks for your sage advice.

Covered In Crafts said...

Hey. I'm tagging you. You're it! Instructions on my blog. See ya on the pod!

Cloves said...

Ouch! My 3 year old stuck his fingers in the car door just as I slammed it. I'd have much rather squished them in a swing.

Janet Brindle Reddick said...

You're not a bad mom ---- if you DIDN'T care about it, you'd be a bad mom. But clearly, it was just an accident. Hang in there.

Also, I can't believe she's already three months old.

-jbr

Anonymous said...

Awww. Poor thing. I'm sure all mothers have accidentally caused pain to their little ones, and feel badly because of it. If this is the worst thing you do to your kid in their life, you will be an awesome mommy.